[cvsnt] Re: chown not setting owner on HPUX and 2.5.01

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 28 15:02:09 BST 2005

Gary Lewis wrote:
> Tony,
> I am just about to give up with this but it is the hand I am dealt with
> HP.  Do a simple cvs chacl, set the rights properly, but without an
> owner set we get errors when doing a cvs add or cvs edit, "Error in
> xml_read: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 5".

Owners aren't really related to ACLs other than being checked at the
same time... setting one won't affect the other (other than owners
always have control access to the directory).

It sounds like expat doesn't like HPUX either, which means you're
probably limited to client side until someone works out a fix.