[cvsnt] Re: Common syntax, how to get the log message?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Mar 28 20:28:15 BST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:43:54 -0500, "John Albrecht"
<albrecht_john at bah.com> wrote:

>         Bo,
>
>         With this command where does the output write to?
>
>        %<< \nModified Files:\n%<{sVvt} %<< \nLog Message:\n %<m
>
>        Thanks,
>
>         John

The data goes to STDIN, so the script that is running must read STDIN
to get the data. This is in contarst to simply having %{sVvt} on the
loginfo command line, in which case the file list will be available as
a command line argument to the script.
However, the command line may get exhausted sizewise if we use this
for also specifying the tags (tag can be rather long in some cases),
so that is why the redirection (%<) is used rather than %.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)