[cvsnt] Problem installing on HPUX 11i (v 11.11)

Kris Dekeyser kris.dekeyser at lms.be
Tue Mar 29 14:05:49 BST 2005

Hi,

I downloaded the HP-UX depot file and tried to install. swinstall installs
fine, but as soon as I try to execute cvs I get the following error:

# cvs/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library:
libgcc_s.sl/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directoryABORT instruction (core
dumped)I checked and indeed, I do not have libgcc_s.sl installed on my
system. Looks like a gcc library is missing. I have installed:  gcc 3.4.3
and the following libraries are installed (in /usr/local/lib):
charset.alias              libform.a                  libintl.a
libssl.sl*cvsnt/                     libform.sl*                libintl.la
libstdc++.agcc/                       libform_g.a                libintl.sl*
libstdc++.la*gettext/                   libfrtbegin.a              libmenu.a
libstdc++.sl*libasprintf.a              libg2c.a
libmenu.sl*                libsupc++.alibasprintf.la             libg2c.la*
libmenu_g.a                libsupc++.la*libasprintf.sl*
libg2c.sl*                 libmmalloc.a               libtcl.sl*libbfd.a
libgettextlib.la           libncurses++.a             libtclstub.alibbfd.la
libgettextlib.sl*          libncurses.a               libtk.sl*libcharset.a
libgettextpo.a             libncurses.sl*
libtkstub.alibcharset.la              libgettextpo.la
libncurses_g.a             libz.alibcharset.sl*             libgettextpo.sl*
libopcodes.a               libz.sl*libcrypto.a
libgettextsrc.la           libopcodes.la              perl5/libcrypto.sl*
libgettextsrc.sl*          libpanel.a
pkgconfig/libcvsapi-2.5.01.1904.sl*  libiberty.a                libpanel.sl*
python/libcvsapi.la*              libiconv.a                 libpanel_g.a
tcltk/libcvsapi.sl@              libiconv.la                libpython.a
terminfo/libdb.sl*                  libiconv.sl*               libssl.aIf I
download the sources and compile the code myself, I cannot use the sserver
protocol. This is the trace output:$ cvs -t -d :sserver:cvs at localhost:/EDM
login  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 16189  -> Session ID is
3f3d424171813138  -> Loading protocol
usr/local/lib/cvsnt/sserver_protocol  -> main loop with
CVSROOT=:sserver:cvs at localhost:/EDMLogging in to
:sserver:cvs at localhost:2401:/EDMCVS password:   -> Config file name
/disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/cvspass  -> Config file name
/disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/sserver  -> Config file name
/disk/EDMBuild/cvs/./home/cvs/.cvs/cvspasscvs login: SSL connection failed
(-1): error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocolcvs
[login aborted]: Connection to server failedPS: I tried with several recent
versions including versions 2.0.58d and 2.5.01.1910.Regards, Kris