[cvsnt] Re: OSX issues with 2.5.01.1910

Chris Little cslittle at mac.com
Wed Mar 30 15:24:30 BST 2005

in article d2e578$l9h$1 at paris.nodomain.org, Tony Hoyle at tmh at nodomain.org
wrote on 3/30/05 7:14 AM:

>> Miklós Fazekas wrote:
>
>> 2. When i commited a .sh file it got commited as binhex, and not as
>> clear text, why???
>>     If i don't need this binhex stuff, how can i disable it?!
>>     (The file contains a resource some editors like CodeWarrior adds
>> resource fork to text files that contains only fonts/tab information)
>>    The finder recognizes the file as CodeWarrior source file, so i don't
>> understand why do cvsnt encodes it?!
>
> Files with resource forks get encoded by the client so you get the same
> file out when you checkout.  It's not really my department though since
> I didn't write it..

Who did?  They will have to make some enhancements.  The problem is that it
is easy to get a resource fork added to a files.  For example CodeWarrior
and BBEdit save information about the current selection, scroll position and
window size in the resource fork of text files.  Simply opening and closing
a file can cause a resource fork to be added.  Some Mac graphic editors
store custom icons and previews in the resource fork.

The CVS clients I use on the Mac allow you to specify which file types/file
extensions need to have both the data and resource fork saved and typically
default all other files to just the data fork.

Chris