[cvsnt] Trying to backtrack to 2.0.51d but getting errors...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 30 18:25:50 BST 2005

Tony,
I am trying to trace from where the update problem emerged so I
uninstalled 2.5.01 and installed 2.0.51d instead. After a few restarts
the new server seems to have at least started, but it does not work
very well...
The control panel applet is not visible in the control panel either.
In fact no matter what I do I get the response shown below.
What can I do in order to make this work?

C:\Temp\cvstst>set CVSROOT=:sspi:ALTAIR:/Bosse

C:\Temp\cvstst>cvs ls
cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't chdir to working directory : Invalid
argument

C:\Temp\cvstst>cvs -t -t -t ver
  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 2492
  -> Session ID is 9bc424ae0533dd5
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:ALTAIR:/Bosse
  -> Requesting server cvsignore
cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't chdir to working directory : Invalid
argument

C:\Temp\cvstst>net stop cvs
The CVSNT service is stopping...
The CVSNT service was stopped successfully.

C:\Temp\cvstst>net start cvs
The CVSNT service is starting.....
The CVSNT service could not be started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3523.

What's the story about the invalid argument really?
And why can't I start the cvs service manually at all????

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)