[cvsnt] Re: OSX issues with 2.5.01.1910

Miklós Fazekas boga at mac.com
Wed Mar 30 18:55:04 BST 2005

>> 1. Installation didn't work, i've always got a preinstall/preupgrade
>> failed.
>>     It seems that preinstall/preupgrade should exit with 0 status
>> code,
>> so i've insterted an 'exit 0' to the end of these scripts.
>>

> Hmm... Works fine for me.  A 0 status code is the default anyway.

I've tried the following:
sudo rm /private/etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver
sudo /Volumes/cvsnt-2.5.01.1910/cvsnt-2.5.01.1910.pkg/Contents/
Resources/preinstall
echo $?

The problem is that if you don't have the cvspserver and try to
install cvsnt it will fail because the last statement is "service
cvspserver stop" in the preinstall script which will fail as there's
no cvspserver yet.

>>> Files with resource forks get encoded by the client so you get
>>> the same
>>> file out when you checkout.  It's not really my department though
>>> since
>>> I didn't write it..
>
> Who did?  They will have to make some enhancements.  The problem is
> that it
> is easy to get a resource fork added to a files.  For example
> CodeWarrior
> and BBEdit save information about the current selection, scroll
> position and
> window size in the resource fork of text files.  Simply opening and
> closing
> a file can cause a resource fork to be added.  Some Mac graphic
> editors
> store custom icons and previews in the resource fork.

We have the very same issue, whenever i open a text file in
CodeWarrior or BBEdit it get's encoded as binhex. So we had to revert
to older cvsnt.

Regards,
Miklós