[cvsnt] Determine What files have changed on a branch

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Thu Mar 31 18:08:13 BST 2005

He sent me the batch file directly, it is below.
It appears that it requires a Branch Point Tag to be applied with some
special naming scheme, or I'm miss understanding some part of it.

I'd like to not have to apply a Branch Point Tag, I would like cvs to figure
out the branch point for each file on it's own.

Any idea how hard this would be to impliment in the code if I were to decide
to attempt making the modification myself?

I'm thinking a new option for rdiff  maybe -b for do a diff between the
branch tip and the branch point.

changes_tag_on_branch.bat

@echo off

if "%~1"=="" (
set TARGET=%CD%
) else (
set TARGET=%1
)

pushd %TARGET%

if not exist CVS\Repository goto nocvs
if not exist CVS\Tag goto nobranch

set /p tag_from=Enter tag name:
for /f "delims=:" %%i in (CVS\Repository) do set module=%%i
for /f "delims=:" %%i in (CVS\Tag) do set branch=%%i
set branch=%branch:~1%

cvs rdiff -s -r %branch%-%tag_from% -r %branch% "%module%" >
changes_since_%tag_from%_on_%branch%.txt

notepad changes_since_%tag_from%_on_%branch%.txt
del changes_since_%tag_from%_on_%branch%.txt
goto exit

:nocvs
echo %TARGET% is not a CVS controlled directory
goto exit

:nobranch
echo %TARGET% is not on a branch

:exit
popd

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
news:mailman.609.1112254951.2568.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
This list does not accept attachments.
Please put the file into the boduý text instead.

/Bo