[cvsnt] Re: After upgrade CVSNT requires domainname in username

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 2 16:53:12 BST 2005

Luigi D. Sandon wrote:
> Another strange thing: in the Run as user combobox, it lists several
> user twice, first as <machinename>\<username>, then as
> <domainname>\<username>. But the machine is a DC, therefore it has no
> local user database, or am I wrong?
>
> Could it be it running on a DC, or not?

A DC should only have one.  A domain member will have both... it sounds
like your DC is setup a bit strangely (not sure how you'd achieve that -
promotion from a domain member perhaps, but that doesn't happen on my
DC, which was created that way).  For a DC machine==domain normally for
most operations.

Try setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver\ServerTraceFile

to a filename.  It'll trace the server startup, including its domain
status and user login.