[cvsnt] Strange behavior when updating files.

Edward Patterson edward.patterson at benefitfocus.com
Mon May 2 18:09:54 BST 2005

We have been experiencing problems with file updates:
  After a developer checks his code into the trunk, there is a new revision of the file in the repository say 1.3. On successive updates to the HEAD, the previous revision is used. Graphing the file in WinCVS shows 1.2 as the working head copy. To get revision 1.3, you have to specifically update to revision to get revision 1.3. Any new check ins of the file cause it to start making branches off of 1.2. The only way we have solved this issue is to stop and start the cvsnt service. Then the update pick up the 1.3 version as the latest HEAD revision and manually remove any new Branch revisions. This has happen 4 times in the last month.
  We are running CVSNT server version 2.0.58d. Has anyone else had these issues?

Edward Patterson
Configuration Management
Benefitfocus.com Inc.
(843) 849-7476 ext. 315

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster at benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 07/29/2003)