[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt list downtime

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 5 23:41:48 BST 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 09:41:37 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:
>...And learn the bitter lesson that a backup is a Good Thing.  Booting
>to Knoppix and using dd works as a poor man's HDD image backup.  Free
>but not the most friendly way of doing it.

I have a system backup. I have it on a DAT4 tape with 27Gb worth of
data using BackupExec and produced the night before the crash.
Unfortunately I have had to limit the backup since the tape does not
have room for all of my files. Problem #2 is that I must reinstall
BackupExec into a new XP on new hardware and if I restore the system
from the backup it probably will break XP again...
On the other hand my disks are good to read, it's just that XP won't
repair but insists on full reinstall and that's where I gave up...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)