[cvsnt] Manual Keyword Expansion

Trevor Leybourne trevor.leybourne at aderant.com
Mon May 9 02:36:16 BST 2005

How can I run a process on Commit which will update the commited files with
the revision number for the commited file?

I have looked at using CommitInfo, but I have no way of knowing the new
revision number which will be used and LogInfo (which knows this) is too
late as the file has already been committed and the new version in the
repository.

I need that intermediate stage after the new version number has been
determined but the file has not been written back into the repository.

The reason I want to do this is that many of my files are binary files which
cannot use normal keyword expansion. So, I have a program which can read the
file format (they are Oracle Forms) and knows how to set an internal
property to a defined value (a version number of $Id$).

Any help would be appreciated.

Trevor