[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt & win2k3 script permissions

Mathew Davies mathew.davies at ipt-ltd.co.uk
Tue May 10 11:47:22 BST 2005

<snip>
> >So I thought I was all setup and was just adding in things like the
> >postcommit
> >script I discovered these don't seem to work now. This seems
> to be true
> >of all scripts I can call like the old loginfo and cvsnotify
> scripts.
> >
> >I have tried temporary setting the permissions on perl, cmd.exe and
> >update_websites.pl
> >to read & excute. The cvs temp folder and the responsity to have
> >everyone full
> >control yet when I commit a file that is in a module set to use
> >postcommit
> >script I just get a script failed message on commit. I have
> also tried
> >changing the cvsnt services from system to a local user with
> no affect.
> >
> >Does anyone know what I have to do or what permissions I set
> on win2k3
> >to allow cvsnt to run scripts? Has anyone else installed
> cvsnt on win2k3
> >and used scripts in things like loginfo or postcommit successfully?
> >

> The problem here is the way W2003 has locked down alomost everything
> on the server...
> Specifically your problem comes from the way cmd.exe is locked down.
> You can do one of two things:
> 1) Go to %systemroot%\system32 and check the permissions of cmd.exe.
> You will probably discover that it is pretty much locked down. Since
> it is used to launch the scripts, you have to loosen up these
> permissions.
>
> or
> 2) You can *copy* %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe to the install folder
> for CVSNT. The copy will then not have the permissions as tightly set
> and CVSNT will find it first since it is right in the same folder as
> cvs.exe itself.

I have tried both option 1 & 2 if anyone have got this working what
permissions did they set on cmd.exe and perl binaries and libs? are they
running cvs as local system or a user?

Any help is appreciated thanks
mat

IPT MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
Interactive Prospect Targeting http://www.ipt-ltd.co.uk/

http://www.star.net.uk