[cvsnt] commit with -r option [ Vírusmentes]

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 19:03:48 BST 2005

Thanks Tony and Bo,

We use that approach because of our branch policy (branch by change
request).

We cannot update the entire directory to a branch because developers
often work with mixed working copies (two or more branches checked out
in the same dir).

Until we have add -r, how can I handle this situation? What server
version you recommend for me to downgrade?

Another doubt:

The description you gave sounds like CVSNT branching model will be
closer to subversion's model. Am I correct?

What you said can be restated as something like: "it only makes sense to
put a new file in a branch if the branch is the directory itself"?
Because adding a new file means changing the directory file list.

How CVSNT will manage directory revisions? I'm thinking that there is
some kind of "impedance mismatch" between CVS branching model and the
control of directory revisions.

Thanks again

Daniel