[cvsnt] pserver problem

Charles J Gillan C.Gillan at ecit.qub.ac.uk
Wed May 11 10:11:25 BST 2005

Have installed CVSNT on a Windows XP system.; repository created and local
access works fine.

I imported a module called "drivers".

I know that pserver is running because I have tried

TELNET 127.0.0.1  2401

and I see the "expected" response. When I try CVS access through "pserver" I
get asked for a password

but then receive a rejection message to say:

    no such repository

I have tried several settings for CVSROOT and all yield the

same reponse.

    CVSROOT=:pserver:127.0.0.1 at 2401:c:\cvsrepo

    CVSROOT=:pserver:127.0.0.1 at 2401:\drivers

    CVSROOT=:pserver:127.0.0.1 at 2401:c:\cvsrepo\drivers

etc..

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong ? I am running CVS as

ADMINISTRATOR, according to the CVSNT configuration GUI.

Thanks in advance.

Charles.