[cvsnt] Re: invalid lock server...

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed May 11 20:14:13 BST 2005

John Cole wrote:
> I'm trying out the latest stable server (2.5.01.1927) with the latest stable
> TortoiseCVS (1.8.14 using 2.0.62.187 CVSNT client) and I'm getting the
> following error when I issue a cvs command:
>
> C:\src\NAnt-devsup1\UtilityCenter>cvs version
> cvs [version aborted]: cvs [server aborted]: Invalid Lockserver version -
> got 2.
> 0, wanted 2.2

You probably had an older version (innosetup based) of CVS server
installed then installed the newer one (msi based) over it.  If you
uninstall the innosetup version then reinstall the recent version it
will straighten out the problem.

Note that it's not normally necessary to uninstall the old version
first.  Also note that Bo still maintains the innosetup version and has
a separate download for it, if you prefer that installer.

--
Glen Starrett