[cvsnt] Re: invalid lock server...

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed May 11 23:50:50 BST 2005

John Cole wrote:

>Glen,
>  Thanks for the quick reply.  I was aware of issues between the old setup
>and the new msi based one, so I uninstalled cvs 2.0.51c before loading the
>latest one.  I did not reboot between uninstalling the old one and the new
>one however, but I did reboot after loading the new one.  Is there something
>that could be setup wrong?

I'd guess that the older one is still in place, but I would call that an
uninstall / installer bug.  Do the usual stuff:  Take a look at the
version number of c:\program files\cvsnt\cvslock.exe, make sure that you
don't have another copy of cvslock.exe in your path that might be an
older one, and if that doesn't work try manually deleting it and
reinstalling.

Glen Starrett