[cvsnt] Re: commitinfo/loginfo scripts?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri May 13 00:32:12 BST 2005

dzielke at aep.com wrote:
> I'd like to enable some type of a reporting system when someone commits a
> change into CVS.   I'd like to do a "daily summary" kind of report,
> something that would provide a list of files committed that day (or for a
> given time period) and either send an email or even update a web page that
> I can advertise daily to the developers.  Sourceforge has some neat
> utilities, such as CVSNotify, CVS-Summary, CVSMail, etc.  I've actually
> downloaded CVSNotify but haven't got it working yet.
>
> What kind of stuff are you doing for your project?

I have cvsspam on my Linux (hobby) server and Bo's CVSMailer on our
production machine at work.

Neither support a daily digest, but I'd imagine you could combine any
mailer with mailman or similar to aggregate the contents.  You could
also do a script that runs at a specific time that uses rlog to check
for updates and send out the summary.

--
Glen Starrett