[cvsnt] commitinfo/loginfo scripts?

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Fri May 13 14:19:32 BST 2005

> What kind of stuff are you doing for your project?

Using a custom loginfo we email an internal developer mailing list on
every commit to code modules.  We do the same for test modules to our QA
and test group's mailing list.  Everybody then uses rules or other email
tools to filter what they care about and delete the rest or they don't
sign up to the CVS mailing lists and are blind.  We're only 12
developers and 5 testers so the amount of mail doesn't get out of hand.

The emails have links out to the ViewCVS diff pages for the changes and
loginfo also puts the commit information and diff links into our bug
tracking database based on bug numbers in the commit comment.

We also have another custom script that finds changes between builds in
our build database using rlog and writes those to an intranet location
so we can track back through a build history and find out what changed.

Other that ViewCVS, which is a nice tool, this is all custom stuff since
we went from PVCS to CVSNT a few years ago.  We ported the tooling
instead of finding, learning and vetting other stuff already out there.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634