[cvsnt] Test script questions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat May 14 01:53:22 BST 2005

Bo -- Can you describe the steps to repro the previous sticky symbolic
tag bug you mentioned?  I'm being a little lazy here, but this should
help you too. :)

Tony,

I'm checking out the testcvs script to see if I could add a test for the
sticky tag problems so testing could be automated, and get familiar with
it to add more tests later.  I have python 2.3.2 installed on WinXP SP2
and 2.3.3 on my FC2 machine, and ran the testcvs script.  It works fine
on FC2, but required some changes on Win32 to work properly.

The odd line endings in the *info test output didn't match up to
info_test_output.txt, but almost matched the .w32 version of the file.
I altered testcvs.py and removed the " from info_test_output.32 (tricky
with those line endings).

Questions:

-- Should the "" have been removed from info_test_output.w32, or is that
a bug?  I presume not a bug since you had altered the script to look to
the other file.

-- Are the "funny" line endings the wrong result (and therefore
shouldn't be needed in info_test_output.w32)?  I would think it would be
since it's 0D 0D 0A, not just 0A like it would be if it was a normal
unix format.

I'll try to put together a 'sticky tag test' and submit it.

--
Glen Starrett