[cvsnt] Re: Test script questions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 14 03:32:20 BST 2005

Glen Starrett wrote:
> The info_test_output.txt file has normal line endings, so that would be
> consistent with the way you had the script set up when I checked it out.
>  It doesn't compare to the output of the commitinfo test though -- that
> has line endings like I described in the .w32 file, without the
> quotation marks.  I believe that implies that the output from the
> commitinfo script has a flaw, but I don't know why you aren't seeing it.

Can't see why that would be so - you should never get any kind of odd
line endings on the cvs output.

The echo that runs is the cygwin one I think (the latest versions don't
go directly through cmd.exe normally).  Do you have your cygwin setup
for cr/lf?

> It doesn't appear in the *info output on my machine, and you had the
> script pointing to the unquoted, normal line ending info_test_output.txt
> before I altered it, so looks like you know that already.

Oh.. don't remember doing that.  It looks like it changed so the unix
and win32 outputs are identical at some point.  Better delete the extra
file.