[cvsnt] Re: Binary file problems with 1949 gone using 1966

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 14 12:00:35 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> So with 2.0.58d as client and server the issue of disappearing line
> endings is not there.

That shouldn't be possible based on my reading of the bug... the problem
has existed since the versioned expansion options were written
(basically, if the command didn't generate an expansion itself, it
assumed text - very few operations are like this).

OTOH I'm still not sure why, given the codepaths used, delete was a
particular problem, since it doesn't generate new data.