[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT and Subversion comparison

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Sun May 15 09:30:41 BST 2005

S Wagle wrote:

> Lately I have been debating whether to go with CVSNT or Subversion.
>
> I have never actually used Subversion but just heard about it:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/.
>
> So I was wondering if others have used it before and have any
> thoughts to share.

For a comparison take a look at: http://www.cvsnt.com/cvspro/svn.htm
(right hand side of the page).

Note that the above list does not contain any features that SVN has but
CVSNT doesn't, most notably (IMO) the concept of "properties", i.e.
custom name=value pairs that could be associated with virtually
anything that's in the system, e.g. revisions, files, directories,
tags, other properties, etc. ...

That said, I also don't use SVN myself (the other advantages of CVSNT
outshone this one potentially very useful feature for me), so this is
just based on the brochures of SVN.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver