[cvsnt] Keyword Expansion Help

Trevor Leybourne trevor.leybourne at aderant.com
Mon May 16 02:48:29 BST 2005

I asked this question about 2 weeks ago, but didn't get any replies so
thought I would resend it as I would love some assistance on how I can solve
this problem.

I have a number of binary files (Oracle Forms and Reports) which will reside
in our repository. I want to store the version number or $Id$ string in each
file and can do this through a program I have written which is able to read
the Oracle files and update inbuilt parameters to store this information (I
can't use a normal string replace type function).

How can I specify this in one of the CVSROOT files to perform this function
when certain files are committed to the repository?

For example, if a file ending in .FMB, .PLL or .RDF is commited then execute
the VersionUpdate.exe program passing the name of the file to update and the
new keyword or version string to update with.

I've looked at CommitInfo but it does not provide me with what the new
version number for the file will be. LogInfo does provide that information
but is it too late at that point? It looks to me like LogInfo is triggered
after the file has been written into the repository and therefore I would
not be able to update it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trevor