[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT and Subversion comparison

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon May 16 16:20:02 BST 2005

> It's linked in http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download, which could probably
> be better advertised but is linked from the main wiki page.

Some redesign of the links would be welcome. For example when one clicks
   the "History page" link at "http://www.cvsnt.com/cvspro/" is not sent
to the latest one, but to the wiki (with a different interface) where a
line tell the page has been moved - to another site - a blog (with
another interface). Maybe that list should be hosted in the main site,
and easily accessible, and looking to be a "whole". I understand is a
secondary issue, but to a user Subversion "looks" to be developed more
"professionaly".

> Glen's idea sounds useful if I can find a good implementation of it.

Any program that allows for a searchable categorized list will do. I
would use a simple bug tracking application anonymous users can only
browse. At least it could be searched to see if a bug is known, what
releases are affected, and when it was (or will be fixed), and if any
workaround is available. If a confirmed bug gets a unique ID, it would
be easier to rfer to it in this list too, instead of referring to it as
"the bug that..." :)

If you keep an internal database you could find a way to "publish" bugs
to the "external" database when right to do so.

   Luigi Sandon