[cvsnt] Re: Keyword Expansion Help

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon May 16 22:47:47 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Trevor Leybourne wrote:
>
>> Bo has answered my thoughts with regards to CommitInfo or LogInfo. I
>> have worked out that I cannot do it there. So I am wondering if it is
>> possible with the Triggers and DLL's???
>

> There's currently no call that happens at the right time to change
> something like that at checkout.
>
> You would probably be better handling it on the client - have a program
> that runs after update/checkout and modifies all the binaries with their
> current version number, based on CVS/Entries.

Better yet -- A script that runs just before commit that increments an
internal revision number (not necessarily matching the CVS revision).
Extract that info after the commit with the CVS version number (and
maybe a MD5 sum too for good order) and store it and you have a
cross-reference that you can use to look it up later.

That assumes that Oracle Forms developer supports some sort of API where
you can automate the incrementing of those numbers.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett