[cvsnt] Re: How to set unreserved checkout for binary files

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue May 17 23:15:28 BST 2005

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> > Edits are concurrent by default as far as CVSNT is concerned. It's
> > Tortoise that auto-enforces the reserved edits on binary files
> > (there's an option somewhere in the settings for that).
> >
> Actually there is no such setting - edits on binary files are always
> restricted.

Sorry for the misinformation, I had't checked back on Tortoise for some
time. I thought there was an option to that effect with a
"(recommended)" label next to it and turned on by default but I just
might be confusing that with something else.

> > However, as Bo already
> > noted, that's not a bad thing as such as you effectively wouldn't be
> > able to do any concurrent editing anyway. Instead of letting the
> > client enforce this I would however recommend to use the -kc (or
> > rather -kbc) flag on those files instead,
> >
> Indeed, this is what newer TortoiseCVS versions do if the server runs
> a recent version of CVSNT.

Cool. Is that just on Add or do you actually change the flags on
existing files as well?

I'll definitely have another look as time permits...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org