[cvsnt] Re: Server cannot lock

Paul Ardis paul.ardis at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:57:28 BST 2005

Sorry, I should have listed the exact command earlier.  What I'm doing is
this:

cvs -d :local:Z:\ -N commit -m "initial commit"

Z is the mapped network drive which has the repository on it.  I'm treating
it like a local drive (with -N), then attempting to commit to it.  I can add
just fine, and can certainly get files from it fine, but it gives me the
"cannot lock" error when I try to commit.  In addition, I've placed random
files in the directory from the explorer, so it's clear that I have write
access to the area.

Thanks for the support.

- Paul