[cvsnt] re-tagging dead files?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri May 20 16:30:24 BST 2005

Hello,

I just had a problem with moving a tag on removed files:

1) I tag a project.
2) I notice I forgot to include some changes, so I commit those changes --
which include some removed files.
3) I tag the project again, with the -F option.

This results in all still existing files having the tag at the right place,
but the files I removed didn't get the tag moved; the tag is still on the
previous revision (the last one before the dead revision).

Probably a proper way to do that would be to delete the tag before making
any changes (especially before removing any files). Intuitively I thought
that what I did would have the same result.

Is there a way to re-tag a module that removes tags on files that are now
dead revisions (and as such not present in the sandbox anymore)?

Thanks,
Gerhard