[cvsnt] CVSNT gets more and more unstable (too much releases)

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat May 21 13:26:54 BST 2005

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Better documentation is always good, but tends to be sparse in open
> source projects.

I agree, but OTOH there is a line of thought that claims that development
is more focused and efficient if you document first what the code that you
are going to write is supposed to do. I tend to agree with that, even
though I know many of my clients don't... :)

>> - we need fewer and more stable releases. I think releasing versions
>> with build numbers does not make sense
>
> It does not really matter if releases are called "117" or "2.17.1234".

At least for me, the lack of knowledge about the release comments in the
blog was crucial. This is currently the only real way to find out whether a
release has been stable, and how stable it was.

I imagine that at least some others didn't know about the blog either. If
you (not you, Torsten, but the anonymous lurker :) are one of them, check
it out before discussing this issue further...

Gerhard