[cvsnt] Re: Question about administrative file syntax

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 23 22:02:05 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Come to think of it, I guess this is similar to a bug we had during
> the pre 2.5.01 release testing where a parameter consisting of a space
> separated list was passed in a way that made the command interpreter
> cut it into individual parameters. Tony fixed that back then for
> loginfo (or was it taginfo, I don't remember now).
> So Tony, could you have a look at this case too, please?

It's not a separate case - the command is passed to the command
interpreter quoted already... in fact your batch file works perfectly
without quotes...

DEFAULT d:/t/cvsroot/test.bat %s %m %p

D:\t\CVSROOT>cvs commit -fm "test message" test.txt
%1= test.txt
%2= "test message"
%3= CVSROOT
Checking in test.txt;
d:\repo/CVSROOT/test.txt,v  <--  test.txt
done