[cvsnt] Re: cvs - '-n' parameter

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Tue May 24 19:04:15 BST 2005

Understood - just a dump of a bunch of 'cosmetic' error messages. . .

Sounds good - thanks for the info.

Aaron Kynaston wrote:
> yea, -n update is all I really use - and sometimes with -r on the update.
>
> What do you mean 'breaks it?'  Don't you mean it simply doesn't do ANYTHING?  And isn't that just what I want to have happen?

The update code is prevented from writing files by the noexec flag, then
the merge code falls over because its temporary files aren't there...
you just get a lot of error messages.

It's nontrivial to fix but there isn't anyone using it like that (AFAIK
it's been like that pretty much forever) so it's not really an issue.