[cvsnt] Commit continues after non-zero status from verifymsg

Gary Brunton gbrunton at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:19:24 BST 2005

I've spent way too many hours on this issue to even tell you because I
would be too embarrassed. I probably should have just given up along
time ago.

I have tried cvsnt version's 2.5.01.1976, 2.5.02.1914, 2.0.62.1861,
2.0.62.1974, 2.0.60, 2.0.59 and I can not get any of them to cancel my
commit using the verifymsg method. But I have no problem getting it to
work with cvsnt version 2.0.51d. This is the version that comes with
WinCVS version 2.0.0.2. I can't use that version though because of
other problems I'm having with that version.

I've installed all of these cvsnt's on windows xp and I am connecting
to cvsnt using the sspi protocol. The verifymsg file points to a
script that in its simplest form prints a test message to standard
output and exits with a 1.

When I perform a commit I see my test message fine so I know that the
script is running properly but the commit succeeds with a code of
zero.

Again, using cvsnt version 2.0.51d the commit fails and returns code 1
just like it is supposed to.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution.

Please help.

Thanks,
Gary

>Has anyone else noticed this? I am also experiencing this problem.
>
>Gary
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm having the same issue described below with build 1927.  Is this a
bug or is it supposed to >behave this way?

>>Thanks
>>Mark Erdtmann
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> From version 2.5.01 a non-zero return status from a script in
verifymsg file does not stop the commit. Looking > in logmsg.cpp
learns that in do_verify the status of the call to run_trigger is not
tested for a non-zero return. Is > this a bug or should the message be
verified with another trigger (precommand?).