[cvsnt] cannot add local user

teknokrat teknokrat at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 10:26:13 BST 2005

Are you saying I need to create a local user for each domain user? I am
currently authenticating domain users just fine - its local users I am
having difficulty with.

I have tried cvs passwd -a -r machineid\userid userid

but cvs -d :pserver:userid at localhost:/cvs login gives me

cvs [login aborted]: machineie\userid: no such user

even though I have created the user on the machine

while cvs -d :pserver:machineid\userid at localhost:/cvs login

gives

cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
access to /cvs for user machineid\userid

The passwd file is created and has the following entry

userid:6KLq.m29wVb7.:machineid\userid