[cvsnt] Re: Cannot access CVSNT repository at all

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 27 13:18:39 BST 2005

Sander van der Wal wrote:

> I am just trying to checkin a file that's on e:\.

I presume you mean a checked out sandbox in a subdirectory of e:\ not
e:\ itself.  Do other files in the sandbox work OK?

> unix. But I got CVSNT because it runs on win2k. and the compiled heptext of
> cvsnt also talks in unix terms. what's the point of cvsnt then.

As you're not running a server yet you'd be better off starting with the
TortoiseCVS setup guides not the manual for the full server.

Once you have a server running you'll find it's Unix and Windows are
very similar (virtually identical in fact, except Windows has a GUI
control panel to set it up).  OTOH once it's running you rarely need to
touch it.