[cvsnt] "Cannot rename file" error

Ennis, Tony tennis at storedvalue.com
Fri May 27 15:52:58 BST 2005

Hello, I am on Win2000, latest rev of cvsnt, using pserver to the repository
on a Solaris box.
The Solaris is running CVS is 1.11.20. I believe.

When I check projects out, I am getting this error intermittantly:

cvs checkout: Updating svs/apacherelease
U svs/apacherelease/apache_1.3.33.tar.gz
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file _new_apache_1.3.33.tar.gz to
apache_1
.3.33.tar.gz: Bad address

I have inherited a dubiously constructed repository, but for now... it is
what it is.  I just need to get it working.

This wasn't happening previously, and then BAM! it just started, with a
vengeance. For the purpose of experimentation, I am running CVSNT from
Windows CMD windows.  In my last test, I ran 4 CMD windows simultaneously.
Each was checking out to a separate empty directory.  Each failed a
considerable way into the checkout process while checking out a WAR or JAR
file.

The module, when checked out, is just under a gig.  I don't know how big the
repository is, or even how large my module within the repository is.

Any ideas?