[cvsnt] Re: Sync of Local and Remote CVS Server

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon May 30 12:47:44 BST 2005

Manjunath N.S. wrote:

> Can you please give information about the how to Synchronization of Local
> and Remote CVS server. Requirement is like once code is compilable on
> Local CVS Server, it is added to Remote CVS and any updates like newly
> added files and new updates in Remote CVS should be reflected and auto
> Merge of files I want to avoid with the Local CVS.

I've heard of tools for repository synchronization, but I don't know them
and I'm not sure that's really what you want.

You could do the following. You have two sandboxes, one of the local server
and one of the remote server. You develop in the sandbox of the local
server. Once that code is good, you copy it into the sandbox of the remote
server, add/remove any files that are new or are not needed anymore, and
commit.

(This of course could also be done with branches in one repository.)

Not sure this is what you were looking for...

Gerhard