[cvsnt] Re: Sync of Local and Remote CVS Server

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon May 30 15:06:46 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> The sandbox concept is not as good because there will be a lot of
> manual handling of added and removed files. This is automatically
> taken care of by the cvs import command.

FTR: Actually the remove part is not quite as automatic. You'll always
have to make sure to perform a delta merge on a HEAD checkout
(-jLastRelease -jCurrentRelease) after the Import in order to have
files cvs removed that are no longer part of the current release.

I'd really like to see that handled automatically as well in the
future... maybe by introducing some new option in order to retain
compatibility with GNU CVS? Would that be feasible, Tony?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org