[cvsnt] stopping access to cvsnt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon May 30 23:34:32 BST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:09:53 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> If you create a CVSROOT/readers file then those NOT in this file will
>> not be able to see anything...
>
>Not quite.  readers means those listed can only read, all others can
>read/write.  It's the converse of writers and they normally aren't both
>used.

What I meant was this, which is how I believe it works:
writers file:
will contain users that are allowed to both read and write

readers file:
will contain users allowed to read but not write

A user present in the writers file is automatically granted read
permission (no use with a write only access, right?).

With this setup I do believe that anyone not listed in one of these
files will be disallowed any access to CVS at all.

Thus with an empty but existing readers file and a writers file with
the allowed developers noone but the developers will have access.

Or???

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)