[cvsnt] Re: Multiple CVSNT Instances

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Nov 1 01:45:23 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> The worst that can happen is that you'll backup in the middle of a
> commit and not get the entire commit - which is a minor issue [...]

I think so too. After you need to restore a backup, all developers need to
verify their latest commits anyway. I don't think it makes much of a
difference whether you make the cut between individual files or individual
commits.

Trevor Leybourne wrote:

>> You could try to take only a single repository offline for backup at a
>> time.
> Unfortunately, I can't. Thats what I would like to do, but since a single
> CVSNT instance is managing all repositories, to take one off line takes
> them all off line.

I was thinking in terms of disabling individual repositories, possibly by
hacking the registry where they are listed. But I don't think this is worth
the effort.

Gerhard