SV: [cvsnt] directory references

Kenneth Sørensen KES at epoke.dk
Wed Nov 2 09:12:01 GMT 2005

Hi Bo

We use batch-files and Makefiles to compile our software and would like to update some common libraries before we compile the software.

I am aware of the different line-endings in linux/Cygwin and Windows. It is not a problem for us because make and GCC can handle Windows line-endings.

The scenario with the batch-file is as follows:

We have the common libraries in a sandbox located in "c:\cvslib\lib-pic\" The software for the project is in another sandbox located in "c:\cvswork\theproject\"

In the project we have a batch-file called make.bat, which is used to retrieve the latest copy of the libraries and compile the software.

The contents are:
cvs update ..\..\cvslib\lib-pic
mpasm theproject.asm

When I do it this way CVSNT returns with the error: "cvs [update aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1"

I hope this made clear what the problem is?

/Kenneth