[cvsnt] Re: Multiple CVSNT instances

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Nov 2 14:14:04 GMT 2005

Trevor Leybourne wrote:

> Is it possible to run multiple CVSNT instances on the same server with
> each instance managing a different set of Repositories?

Here you are again :)  How about VMWare or VirtualPC or something like
this?

> The issue we have is our IT department want to ensure a clean backup is
> taken each night and shut down CVSNT to perform the backup which
> currently takes between 1 and 2 hours.

Or do the backups without shutting down cvsnt? I don't shut down cvsnt to
do backups, but I don't run a very busy repository either. And I never had
to prove that my backups are good :)  Maybe others have more experience
here -- and the real question you need to be answered is not how to run
multiple instances of cvsnt, but how to do backups without shutting down
cvsnt (or whether there's any issue with it)?

I seem to recall that Tony said it's ok to do backups with cvsnt running.

Gerhard