[cvsnt] Re: Still having -1 errors

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 21:22:58 GMT 2005

I just witnessed this with a user here
Our server is cvsnt build 2115.
the original sandbox checkout with an earlier version of cvsnt (provided
with Wincvs) -- sorry I forgot the version 2.0.58 maybe?
the Root files contain
:sspi:username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo  (not a real ip address)
(the users machine is NOT on the domain, but the user has a domain
username/password)

wincvs works fine.

TortoiseCVS - which is using build 2025 gives the "-1 unknown errors"
problem

so, using the command-line with build 2025 I tried several scenerios.
(this is from memory, so excuse any small mistakes)

Scenerio 1:
cvs -d :sspi:8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
cvs echoed: cvs -d :sspi:username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
password: ****
returned: -1 unknown errors

Scenerio 2:
cvs -d :sspi:username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
cvs echoed: cvs -d :sspi:username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
password: *****
returned: -1 unknown errors

Scenerio 3:
cvs -d :sspi:domain\username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
cvs echoed: cvs -d :sspi:domain\username at 8.8.8.8:/myrepo login
password: *****
returned: 0

So, Scenerio 3 seems to work with build 2025+ on a client machine that is
not part of the domain.

news:dkg3lp$khk$1 at paris.nodomain.org...