[cvsnt] Re:Re: how to get the branch information before

Xiaoyan Jin xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:17:57 GMT 2005

Message: 9
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 08:23:29 +0100
From: Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com>
Subject: [cvsnt] Re: how to get the branch information before
committing?
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:55:10 +0800, Xiaoyan Jin <xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Dear all,
>> In order to make sure the users commit the files to the right branch, I
>> try to perform the checking before committing. So I want to catch the
branch
>> info. It means that before the committing is performed, I need to get the
>> info: which branch does the user try to commit. Then I wonder how can I
get
>> this branch information?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Greetings,
>> Amy

You can use the CVSROOT/precommand or CVSROOT/commitinfo scripts.
Probably commitinfo makes more sense since it is meant to be used as a
check against false commits.
Look in the docs for these scripts.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)
  Hi,
 Yes, I have tried CVSROOT/commitinfo. I added the following line at
CVSROOT/commitinfo:
New1 F:\Project.exe
 Project.exe is the application, which try to catch the parameters and I
found that only one parameter is catched by the application. The parameter
is the committing file storage path on cvs server. For example, I get the
following info "/RootTest/New1". But this parameter still can not help me to
confirm the branch.
So, any more idea?
 Greetings,
Amy