[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2141

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Nov 6 12:05:29 GMT 2005

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:42:55 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Oliver Giesen wrote:
>> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>>

>>>CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2141 (Release candidate)
>>

>> Can you tell us a little more about the significance of the new
>> Online/Offline option that was added to the repository configuration?
>>
>It allows you to take a single repository offline without taking the
>server offline.  It stops people using that repository (although it
>might take a minute or two for all the activity to stop).

How does one automate this function?
Writing to the registry and stop/start the service or another way?

I guess that this was added in response to those who want to back up
their CVSNT server by repository to reduce the downtime.
But then the switch must be scriptable.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)