[cvsnt] Add User

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Nov 7 08:41:15 GMT 2005

The :pserver: protocol is considered insecure because it has no
method for encryption of the communication. And the password is
sent nearly in cleartext (very light encryption).

So someone using a packet sniffer on the network should eb able to
decode your CVS communications.
If you are in a closed environment and are not exposing the
CVS system on the Internet then pserver is probably OK, but
otherwise you should consider SSPI or something else.

/Bo