[cvsnt] How to deal with too large CVS database?

Pedja Supurovic pedjas at infosys.co.yu
Wed Nov 9 09:43:42 GMT 2005

Our source got far too big so we are looking for an solution to deal
with it.

We had an idea to lock currnet repository, make it read only and create
new one with packed database which contains only the last versions of
each file in source. That would allow us to access previous versions but
continue development with fresh, and small source database.

We cannot find way to achieve this but preserve file version numbers
within source (if we create new repository and put new source in it,
file version numbers are reset). Is it possible at all to preserv
version numbers or pack database by keeping only the last version of
each file within source?

Pedja