[cvsnt] What could be causing timeouts?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Tue Nov 15 05:17:27 GMT 2005

I'm running CVSNT 2.5.02 on my home office windows 2003 server and was able
to successfully check files in an out of my repository from both local and
remote sandboxes last week.

This week, however, I get nothing but timeout for remote access. The web
server works so I know the machine is up. I cannot figure out what changed!

The remote sandbox is Redhat 8 using the cvs client. Like I say, it was
working and now is not. I have rebooted the server and that did not help. I
suppose I will try rebooting the client Redhat machine -- but I'm not
optimistic that that will fix the problem.

I'm just checking in and out 989K byte text files (you guys convinced me to
abandon my 345MB pst files).

Anybody have a suggestion as to how I could diagnose this problem?

Thanks,
siegfried