[cvsnt] CVS and sserver

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Nov 17 16:50:52 GMT 2005

This webpage explains the installetion of CVSNT 2.5.03 and also explains
how to set up pserver and sserver access:

http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html

In order to use Internet access to the server you should do the
following:

1) Your server is behind a firewall (I hope...)

2) In the firewall properties add a port forwarding rule for TCP port
2401

3) The rule should direct calls to your internal CVSNT server's IP
address

4) Your Internet client should now direct their CVS accesses to the
firewall IP address

This will work and the sserver protocol will keep the connection
encrypted to guard against eavesdropping.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund