[cvsnt] Re: Client won't run on Win98SE

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Nov 18 23:05:33 GMT 2005

> From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org on behalf of Bo Berglund
> Even Microsoft has stopped support on Win9x and NT4.

However, some of us still have contractual obligations to support those platforms for our applications - and, yes, there are still plenty of companies out there running NT4, usually 'because it works'.  We know XP or 2K3 also works; they don't care.  They also often treat PC expenditure as most other equipment capex, and depreciate it over 5-10 years rather than 2-3, so they expect 10-year-old operating systems still to work.

- Peter