[cvsnt] Re: Pserver vs. Sserver

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 23:36:04 GMT 2005

<sent by accident to Tony only...re-posted to list>

We are using sspi on windows clients connecting to a linux server,
which is configured to authenticate to our windows domain.  This works
great.  We now have a small group of people who need cvs access and
who are not on our domain, so cannot use sspi.  They are connecting
over a VPN, so I added local linux users, and have them using pserver.
 I much prefer the idea of sserver, but when I tried it, it did not
work.  What do I need to configure, or maybe I just have the wrong
cvsnt version?

Also, to date, I have not added any users/readers/writers file to
CVSROOT.  Would this allow me to configure the pserver/sserver users
without adding linux users, and without messing up the sspi access for
the rest?

cvsnt server: 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2088
cvsnt client: 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064

Thanks,

Mark Johnnson